Severn Trent has been pumping water into the Harborne Lane Lapal Canal basin in order to dry out the flooded hole in Harborne lane and the valve chamber in Selly Oak Park.
The same land drain was put in after the canal overflowed and flooded properties in Reservoir Road in 1958 because British Rail had blocked the junction with the Worcwster and B'ham canal in 1953. The canal channel is now working as a flood safety measure.
- Persuade local authorities, government departments and other interested statutory or non-statutory bodies of the benefits and feasibility of restoration
- Persuade land-owners and the public of the benefits and feasibility of restoration
- Secure and protect the line of the Canal
- Create partnerships with public and private sectors that will facilitate restoration of the Canal
- Implement an agreed programme for the restoration of the Canal or any part of it